博金冠:Modified Release and Taste Masking
博金冠平台是否已经被警方打击 www.ofvo6.com.cn NCEs (New Chemical Entities) are difficult to formulate since most of them are poorly water-soluble. Reformulation of existing actives is also a trend.
Improvement of drug efficiency, bioavailability, safety, reduction of toxicity and side effects, controlled release are some key parameters for formulators.
More and more, pharmaceutical laboratories wish to develop new finished dosage forms targeting specific populations such as children and elderly people. Formulators are therefore seeking to develop pharmaceutical formulations with new galenics and innovative textures.
Modified release forms include:
- Controlled release
- Delayed release
- Immediate or fast release (for orodispersible tablets)
- Targeted release (enteric)
With the growing interest for orodispersible tablets (ODTs), taste masking is also a key parameter.
www.ofvo6.com.cnmercializes excipients to develop controlled release forms:
- To facilitate the adsorption of the drugs by the organism, actives must be released in the intestine and therefore protected from an early release inside the stomac thanks to an enteric coating.
- The use of a sustained release agent like hypromellose is efficient to obtain a sustained release of an active.
- In some cases, release of an active in the mouth is necessary. In that case, orodispersible tablets (ODTs) can be formulated with disintegrants to obtain a fast and efficient release.
SEPPIC offers a range of products: Metolose SR, AQOAT to formulate modified release formulations.
SEPPIC also offers mixes of lipidic excipients for prilling and Hot Melt Coating processes to formulate sustained release solutions.
When a solid dosage form is formulated, its taste should be considered. This parameter is even more important for forms that are disintegrated and stayed longer in the oral cavity (i.e orodispersible tablets (ODTs)).
www.ofvo6.com.cnmercializes products for taste masking: REBATEN?and F-MELT?which help to develop solid oral forms of active ingredients with a bad taste.
SEPPIC offers also mixs of lipidic excipients for prilling and Hot Melt Coating processes to fomulate active ingredients with a bad taste.